The Worker Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) is a federal grant program available to employers for hiring individuals from certain target groups who have consistently faced significant barriers to employment. WOTC can provide employers with $1,200 to $9,600 per hire from within these target groups.
A conservative estimate of WOTC savings:
- 1 in 5 Americans qualify for WOTC
- 70% actually get certified
- $1200 is an average credit
This calculation is based on the number of new hires estimated in a year. Let’s say a company hires 100 people a year.
- 1 in 5 Americans qualify for WOTC = 20
- 70% actually get certified = 14
- $1200 is average credit = $16,800
We work with both:
HigherMe can help employers take advantage of the WOTC program with its built-in pre-assessments and streamlined paperwork process. To learn more, contact email@example.com!