Welcome to HigherMe, the official provider of the A&W Careers page. 👋 Our all-in-one hiring software helps you bring on great employees and keep your restaurants staffed. We streamline the entire hiring process, from sourcing and screening tools to interviewing and onboarding new hires – and the best part is, we're focused on restaurant managers like you! This guide will help you get oriented so you can start posting jobs directly to the A&W Careers page and find your next great hire.
Finding the right employees is a critical step in the successful operation of your Restaurant and one of the first steps in getting the right applicants. Thanks to corporate support from A&W, you can post customized jobs directly to the A&W Careers page via HigherMe – at no cost to you!
- As a franchisee, you will have already received an email granting you access to HigherMe. Franchisees can provide Managers with their own logins as needed.
- Your account comes pre-loaded with job templates for 5 key roles: Cook, Cashier, Supervisor, Assistant Manager, and Manager.
- These jobs are not turned on automatically. Before you can receive applications, you you must activate your job postings so that they are visible on the A&W Careers page.
- Before you activate your jobs, we encourage you to customize them to meet your hiring needs! ✍️ Learn how to edit and share jobs below.
Activate your HigherMe account from your welcome email.
If you've already activated your account, visit app.higherme.com/login and enter your email address and password.
Easily toggle your language preferences under Language in the top right corner.
Post a job in 4 easy steps
To get started, hover over Admin in the top navigation bar and click on Jobs. You'll see a list of all the jobs you have access to here, organized by location. Click on a location's name to expand the list of jobs at that location!
Do you run multiple locations? Jobs can also be turned on and off on a location basis. Let's say you're hiring for a Server at one of your locations, but not all of them. You can turn "Cashier - Location A" on while leaving "Cashier - Location B" and "Cashier - Location C" inactive!
- On your Jobs page, you'll see a list of jobs in both English and French. Use the ON/OFF toggle next to each job to publish/unpublish it from the A&W Careers page based on your hiring needs.
Want to make changes to the pre-loaded job template?
Click on the job you want to edit. You will be taken to a job editing page, where you can make changes to the job summary, requirements, job posting language, and more.
Make any necessary changes and click Save.
When your job posting is ready, toggle it ON on your Jobs page. ✅ It will be live on the A&W Careers page for 60 days.
In your top navigation bar, hover over Hiring and click on Applications. Every new application you receive will appear on this page! This will be your dashboard for reviewing and managing applications.
Best practices for easy hiring
- Set up a routine to review and update your job postings. Without renewal, your job postings will expire every 60 days (or earlier if you turn them off).
- Review your job posting from an applicant's point of view. A strong job posting is exciting to job seekers. This is an opportunity to show off your Restaurant as a great place to work! Read over your posting and make sure that you clearly communicate all the benefits and perks of working at your restaurant!
- Be specific. Provide detailed information where possible. The more a candidate knows about specific positions, shift needs, and job benefits, the better they can determine which jobs they're the best fit for!
- Use a passive job posting to form a candidate pool. Even if you're not actively hiring, you can still share a generic job posting on the A&W Careers page. This helps you build a talent pool so that when you do need to hire quickly, you have a list of great candidates to start with. Just make sure you indicate that your job posting is not for an open position.
- For example, "Our team does not currently have an opening, but we welcome you to apply if interested! That way we'll have your information on hand when we resume hiring."
Getting in touch
Can't find what you're looking for in our Help Center or Resource Hub? Have a question about using a feature or setting up your account? Contact us! We're here to help. 🤝
You can contact our team via email at email@example.com (7 days/week). We're also available via live chat and phone at 1-888-585-0842 (weekdays, 10am - 6pm ET). To start a chat or request a call back, click on the blue question mark icon in the bottom left of the HigherMe platform.
Once again, welcome to HigherMe. We're so glad to have you on board. 🧡 Happy hiring!